Sunday, October 24, 2010

Is Paranormal Activity Normal?

Yes, once again, it's been months since I've written my blog. It's so crazy that I'm a host and producer at ReelzChannel, TV About Movies and I stopped writing my blog about movies once I started working there. Why can't there be 40 hours in a day? Well, this blog is called Filmspiration, so it's interesting to me that I got inspiration from another person to resume writing it regularly like I used to. Thank you to that person! So, let's make a pact, me and you and whomever else is reading, let's shake on it, pinky swear and all that good stuff... I will write in this blog AT LEAST once a week and update all the movies I've seen in that week - in the theater and at home. Agree? Great! Moving on now. "Paranormal Activity 2" is the second installment to the low-budget, big hit "Paranormal Activity". This one doesn't continue where it left off, it tells of the events leading up to what happened in the first one. O.K., that's all you get. As you know, I don't give away anything in this blog. I talk about something in the movie that made me think or raises a question. Let's talk about paranormal activity, not the movie - actual paranormal activity. Do you believe in ghosts, spirits or demons? When a door shuts on its own, did a ghost shut it? When a draft comes from the window, but the window isn't open, does it make you wonder if your house is haunted? What about strange, unexplained noises? How can you explain something falling off a shelf on its own when it wasn't tinkering on the edge? We've all experienced something like this at some time or another, haven't we? We don't usually get spooked by it. We just blow it off - "Huh, that was weird. Oh well". Do ghosts only stick around if they've left some unfinished business? Are they only connected to houses and buildings or do they follow people from place to place? OR... are all those strange, unexplained instances nothing at all? As we enter Halloween week, really think about it. Is any of it real or is it just a way to freak us out during Halloween time and spook us in a dark theater? Whichever it is, if they do it right, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment