Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and in the Fountain of Youth

Ahoy, mateys! Today, we're talking about Johnny Depp's latest quest - to find the fountain of youth. Penelope Cruz joins the popular franchise in the latest, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". Finding the fountain of youth, huh? My initial thought was "Yeah! Wouldn't that be awesome? I could feel and look young forever and ever". But then, I really thought about it and changed my mind. While I loved childhood and I REALLY loved college, I decided that I'd like to experience ALL stages of life. Being carefree as a child was incredible... accomplishing things as an adult has been rewarding... but I wouldn't want to trade one for the other. I want to experience marriage, kids AND growing old. Yes, that's right. Retirement sounds kind of nice right about now. Spending time with my grandchildren? Fantastic! Being one of the oldest people around and being able to talk about how life used to be, not simply because I read about it, but because I lived it? All that sounds simply divine to me. Plus, if you were the only one who found the fountain of youth and all your friends and family were growing old without you, wouldn't that be awful? I think it would be. C'mon, you scallywags. This is when you weigh in! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a young gun, but even I know I wouldn't want to be young forever. Maybe just an extension on youth. 10 extra years being 20/30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although the idea sounds appealing I wouldn't go through with it. I remember the ending of The Green Mile where the old man was talking about how he had to watch his wife, kids and all his friends die before him. I couldn't bear to just watch all my loved ones grow old while I stayed young. If my boy-friend did t with me, maybe but by myself no.

    ReplyDelete